Inexpensive and nice foot scrub
Here’s how to make an inexpensive yet luxurious and effective foot scrub at home.
- Put a good slosh of olive oil in a saucer or small tea cup or bowl
- Add a few drops of tea tree essential oil (optional)
- Add a few teaspoons of granulated sugar to the oil mix until you reach a the thicker consistency of a lotion
- Rub it around your palms and finger tips
Avoiding any cuts or fissures, gently scrub your feet with the mixture using a circular motion:
- The granular sugar will exfoliate your feet (that is, slough off the dead skin)
- The olive oil will soften and moisturise your skin
- The tea tree can help clear up* or ward off any incipient infections (it is antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial)
*But if you have any infection that hasn’t cleared up after a day or a wound that’s not healing (even if it’s a small one), please see your GP or foot care practitioner.