Calf pain? Do you know the causes?
Do you get pain in your calves? The pain can be caused by a number of things:
- Over-activity (especially if you were still and/or cold, and leaped straight into it)
- Injury (eg, tendonitis or tearing of the muscle)
- Dietary imblances (eat those minerals!)
- Poor blood flow to the legs (eg, if you have peripheral vascular disease or PVD)
- A blood clot in the calf (a deep vein thrombosis or DVT)
If your calf pain doesn’t clear up after rest, get it checked out with your doctor.